Shorttakes 2012 Judges
- Nick Offerman: American actor and writer credited in numerous film and television roles. Offerman began his career in the Chicago theater scene, and soon enough received roles in television shows such as Will & Grace, E.R., 24, and Monk. Offerman currently stars on NBC's Parks and Recreation as the show's breakout character, Ron Swanson, and recently starred in 21 Jump Street with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
- Nia Peeples: Former UCLA music student, is an R&B and dance music singer and actress. She has starred in Fame, The Young and the Restless, and Walker, Texas Ranger. Peeples currently stars on ABC Family's Pretty Little Liars based on the books by Sara Shepherd. Peeple's is launching her own brand of wellness products and has also been nominated for the NAACP award for best actress as well as received the Legend Award from the phil-am visionary awards.
- Jack Quaid is an up and coming actor and son of veteran actors Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid. Quaid most recently starred in The Hunger Games as career tribute, Marvel. Quaid is a sophomore theater major at the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
- Oliver Phelps: British actor best known for portraying George Weasley in the Harry Potter film series. Phelps along with his twin brother, James, have starred in every Harry Potter movie, one of the most successful movie franchises in history. In addition to other acting projects, Phelps participates in numerous charities.
- Andrew Cohen: Writer-producer, and has worked on numerous comedies. Cohen's producing credits include: Funny People, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, and The 40 Year Old Virgin. Beyond producing, Cohen has also worked as Judd Apatow's assistant on the sets of Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, and Kicking and Screaming. Cohen is also a director, and has directed a short starring UCLA Alumnus James Franco titled: Acting with James Franco.
- Patricia Peraza: Art director of the Disney classic The Little Mermaid. Has also worked on the design teams of animated features like The Fox and the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective and Anastasia.
- Mike Peraza: Art director of the Disney classic The Little Mermaid. Has also worked on the design teams of animated features like The Fox and the Hound, The Great Mouse Detective and Anastasia.
- Momita SenGupta: Senior VP of production, MTV. Known for titles on TV such as "Nitro Circus," "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila," and "Paris Hilton's My New BFF." Was also a production liaison for Varsity Blues and Election.
- Amy Acker: film and television actress. Acker known for her roles on television shows Angel, Alias, and Dollhouse. Acker most recently appeared in the film The Cabin in the Woods.
- Jon Huertas: multifaceted actor and performer whose career spans television, film and music engaging audiences for more than a decade. He had a stand-out performance in the critically acclaimed HBO miniseries "Generation Kill" as Sgt. Tony "Poke" and now currently stars in ABC's Castle as Detective Javier Esposito. He also serves as a board member for Puppies Behind Bars, a program in which prison inmates train service dogs to help returning war veterans.
- Tahmoh Penikett: most famous for his roles as Karl "Helo" Agathan on the critically acclaimed Battlestar Galactica. Penikett also had a role in the television show Dollhouse and will be seen in the upcoming Superman reboot, Man of Steel.
- Harry Shum Jr.: From Costa Rica to San Francisco and finally to Los Angeles, Harry Shum Jr. has an interesting entertainment journey. Initially a back up dancer for Beyonce, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Lopez, Shum now stars as Mike Chang on the hit show Glee.
- Jamie Bamber: Known to millions as Commander Apollo from the cult phenomenon Battlestar Gallactica, Bamber more recently relocated home to London to star in ITV's hit drama Law & Order: UK. He's since returned to Los Angeles for recurring arcs on Perception and Body of Proof, and just landed the coveted lead in David E. Kelley's anticipated TNT drama pilot Chelsea General.
Thanks to our 2012 Sponsors!